Personal Vehicle

If you are using a personal or rental vehicle for transportation for CCC activities, you are responsible for being adequately insured for any accident or liability you might assume, including accidents or loss of artwork and materials. MICA's insurance will not cover incidents occurring in your vehicle.

In rare instances, you may be asked for file a Transportation Plan at the discretion of CCC for CCC-funded projects. A transportation plan is important if you or your project will be moving people from one location to another especially if they are minors. This waiver informs the participants or their parents of your anticipated travel itinerary and is useful should an emergency arise related to travel.

You are strongly advised not to transport children under the age of 18 in your vehicle as part of your CCC-funded project. Talk to your community partner about possible alternatives.

If you are seeking reimbursement for travel on CCC-related business, please note that MICA reimburses members of the MICA community for miles traveled only, not gas station receipts. Please visit the link below to find out the most up-to-date mileage reimbursement rate.

Use of MICA Vans/Buses

If you are a student, faculty or staff member working on an CCC-funded project seeking use of MICA vans/buses to transport participants, please contact the CCC at

If you are a faculty or staff member seeking use of MICA vans/buses for any other purposes, please contact MICA Transportation Services.

Additional Resources