Disability Resources

Student Housing Accommodations

Click here to apply for disability-related housing accommodations.

MICA makes reasonable academic accommodations for qualified students with physical or mental disabilities in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.

All housing accommodations must be approved through the office of Accessibility and Disability Services (ADS). It is the student’s responsibility to make an accommodation request in a timely manner.

ADS staff work with students directly, individually and confidentially on all aspects of disability accommodations to facilitate an interactive process and the timely exchange of information. Whether you are an undergraduate, graduate, or non-degree seeking student enrolled in a MICA-sponsored educational course or program who plans to live in campus housing, ADS is your resource for disability housing accommodations. ADS staff work closely with MICA’s Office of Residence Life to implement approved housing accommodations.

Requests for housing-related accommodations generally must be made within the time limits established by the Residence Life housing lottery process. Current students are strongly encouraged to submit housing-related accommodation requests no later than mid-March for the following academic year. New students are strongly encouraged to submit housing-related accommodation requests as early as possible during the summer before matriculation.

In order to request housing accommodations, a student must submit a fully completed and signed request to ADS using the online accommodation request form. The student must also submit appropriate documentation of a disability and the need for accommodation due to the specific functional limitations of the disability. Students should review the Student Disability Accommodation Policy as well as the applicable MICA guidelines for documentation of disabilities.

Student Disability Accommodation Policy 

New Student Housing Accommodation Request Form 

Manage & View Current Housing Accommodations

Documentation Guidelines 

Have questions? We're here to help.

Accessibility and Disability Services


Bunting Center 1401 W Mount Royal Ave 110 Baltimore, MD 21217