MICA’s 2022-2027 strategic planning process is well underway. Following the February campus survey and the March 9 Pan-College Convening that informed the prioritization of plan objectives and foci, we are beginning to collect constituency-generated key activities/initiatives that reflect the top priorities.
A multi-constituency Summer/Early Fall 2022 Plan Drafting Workgroup is needed to help incorporate the above input into existing strategic planning materials and construct over the summer a draft of the 2022-2027 Strategic Plan. That draft will be openly reviewed in September 2022, and a finalized Plan draft will be presented to MICA’s Board of Trustees on October 21 for their final review and approval.
Here is the essential logistical information regarding this opportunity to help draft MICA’s 2022-2027 Strategic Plan:
- Application period: Opening Monday, April 4, and closing COB Friday, April 14, 2022
- Slots available: 2 students (1 grad, 1 undergrad), 2 faculty members (1 grad, 1 undergrad), 2 staff members (from different areas)
- Honorarium: $1,000 per person for work from June through early September (further description below);
- Estimated work time: between 25 and 35 hours
- Application review and decision body: Strategic Planning Process Advisory Group
- Communication to selected individuals: Week of April 25
In addition to the constituency positions shared above for faculty, staff, and students, the Plan Drafting Workgroup will consist of a select group of President’s Council members, with the President and Provost serving as chief editors.
The full group will most likely meet twice in mini-retreat format during Summer 2022 - once in early June and once in mid- to late July - and work via email and subgroup work in between. To recognize the extraordinary importance of this work and to ensure equity in compensation, each constituency member will receive a $1,000 honorarium. (This compensation level is a one-time amount for this specific project, and should not be viewed as a precedent for future stipended work.)
For additional information, please refer to the April 4 Call for Applications or email firstname.lastname@example.org