If you receive a bomb threat over the phone:
- Stay calm.
- Pay close attention to any detail and write down anything you notice during the call, including the gender of the caller, manner of speaking (calm, excited, etc.), voice pitch, accent, speech impediments, background noises, repeated phrases, etc.
- Try to keep the caller engaged on the phone to get useful information (Where is the bomb located? What does it look like? When will it go off? Why did you place it? What is your name?)
- Have a co-worker or another person alert 911, and then call Campus Safety (443-423-3333) from another phone.
- Evacuate the building only if instructed by the College or properly identified emergency personnel.
If you discover a bomb located on campus with or without a visible timer:
- Call 911 and Campus and Campus Safety (443-423-3333).
- Record information about the bomb if requested and relay to emergency personnel.
- DO NOT attempt to touch, move, or dismantle the item.
If a bomb is detonated on campus:
- Stay calm.
- Call 911 and Campus Safety (443-423- 3333) to inform them of location, visible damage, known casualties, etc.
- If uninjured, move away from the blast zone to a safe area.
- DO NOT re-enter the area until emergency personnel declare that the area is safe.