Winter Closing Information
24-hour quiet hours will start at 11:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 5, 2022.
Please be courteous during finals. Be respectful of your neighbors and roommates who are taking exams and finishing projects by keeping noise levels to a minimum. This policy will be strictly enforced. If you are unable to abide by this policy, disciplinary action will result.
Winter Break Closing – General Information:
- An application process will be available for all residential students to apply to stay over the winter break period. (The Winter Break Housing Application can be found here: Winter 2022/2023 Housing Application
- All MICA Housing will close Saturday, December 17 at noon for students who are not staying over the winter break period.
- All students not approved by Residence Life to stay for winter break housing must vacate during winter break, from December 17, 2022 until January 12, 2023. Students may return to the residence halls on January 13, 2023 anytime after 12 PM. We will not be able to accommodate requests for students to move in early.
- Students not staying for winter break housing must leave 24 hours after the last day of their exams or by noon on Saturday, December 17, whichever comes first.
- A $100 late checkout fee will be assessed to individuals who move out after the designated vacate time of noon on Saturday, December 17. Each additional hour will result in an additional $50 late fee. Students who are still here on December 18th will be charged for the entirety of winter break housing in addition to the charges outlined above.
- You may leave belongings in your apartment over break. However, you are encouraged to take your valuable items home. We recommend that students carry renter's insurance to cover the possible event of unexpected damage to items in their apartments. The College is not responsible for any loss or damage to items in your apartment.
- Re-admittance into residential facilities by students not approved to stay for winter break housing will not be allowed. Please take all critical items home with you including prescription medications, keys, driver's license, passport, pet fish, cell phones/chargers, etc.
- Residence Life does not offer winter storage. If you are seeking storage over break, we suggest searching local storage facilities and see which company is offering the best deal. Storage companies often offer coupons and deals throughout the year.
- Students with valid parking permits will be permitted to leave vehicles in the Founders Green parking lot during winter break. If you have any questions regarding winter break parking please contact Transportation Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MICA Housing will reopen January 13, 2023, at 12 p.m. for all returning students that did not stay for winter break. You may move back into the residence halls anytime after 12 p.m. on January 13, 2023. We do expect residents to return within the first week of the semester and confirm their arrival with their R.A.
Checking Out Of Housing:
If you are planning on leaving your current assignment permanently, you must contact Residence Life immediately to arrange approval and schedule a formal check-out. This includes moving to another space on campus, returning home for the next semester, transferring schools, etc. Failure to properly check out could result in a fine of up to $150. Requests to move to a different space on campus must be pre-approved by Residence Life. Moving without permission may result in disciplinary action, monetary fines and relocation to your original assignment. We are willing to work with you to help you find a different space on campus. The earlier you contact us the more likely we can honor your request. Requests late in the semester are difficult to fulfill. Each community will host a closing meeting where all the necessary information will be available. If you have any initial questions or concerns please check with your R.A. or feel free to contact your Residential Coordinator or contact Residence Life, at email@example.com or 410-225-2398 if you have questions.
A shuttle will be available to take MICA students to BWI airport. The shuttle is free of charge, and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The shuttle schedule will be provided by Transportation. Please note the shuttles will depart from Founders Green once full. Information will be provided by the Transportation Department.
Additional Contact Information:
- Baltimore Airport Shuttle – 410-821-5387
- BWI Airport Information – 410-859-7100
- Yellow Cab Company – 410-685-1212
- Arrow Cab Company – 443-575-4109
You can also research times for the following:
- Light Rail from University of Baltimore/Mount Royal to BWI and MARC Train clicking here
- Bolt Bus by clicking here
- Greyhound by clicking here
Thank you for your cooperation and hope you all have enjoyed your semester with us.
Safe travels and Happy Holidays!