Call for Emergency Help
If you have:
• thoughts of suicide
• the urge to hurt yourself or others
• been a victim of violence or a sexual assault,
PLEASE CONTACT CAMPUS SAFETY IMMEDIATELY at 443-423-3333, or call 911 or go to your local emergency room.
If you or someone you know is in immediate danger of hurting themselves or others, or hearing voices or seeing things that others do not see. Do not wait:
- Dial 911 and request immediate assistance.
- If you or someone you know lives on campus, you may call Campus Safety on its 24 hour emergency line at 443-423-3333 for further assistance.
Behavior Intervention Team
If you are aware of a situation that could result in harm to anyone at MICA , please complete a Behavior Intervention Team referral form. For more information on the Behavior Intervention Team (BIT) and procedures visit MICA Behavior Intervention Team webpage.
Counselor On-Call Services
SCC offers after hours emergency assessments during the fall and spring semesters.
Call Campus Safety at 443-423-3333 and ask to be connected with the Counselor On-Call.
If the emergency needs immediate attention, call Campus Safety, 911, and/or go to your local emergency room.
• 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline: Call 988 or visit online: 988lifeline.org
• Crisis Text Line, text HOME to 741741 or visit online: crisistextline.org/
• BIPOC can speak to trained counselor: Text STEVE.
• Baltimore Crisis Response, Inc. (BCRI): Call 410-433-5175 or visit online: bcresponse.org/. Crisis Hotline is 24/7. Trained counselors make an assessment and provide appropriate information and referrals, supportive counseling, suicide crisis intervention and adolescent crisis intervention.
• TrevorChat: thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
• Blackline: Call 1-800-604-5841 or visit online: callblackline.com/ prioritizes BIPOC
Visit this link: suicidestop.com/call_a_hotline.html
Sexual Assault/Dating Violence
• Review MICA's Sexual Assault policy and procedures. The Sexual Assault Resource document contains local and national resources.
• National Rape Crisis Hotline: Call 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673)
• Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network: Visit online at rainn.org. The website has information and a chat line located at the top right of their page.
• Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault: Visit online at mcasa.org/
• TurnAround: Call the 24 hour helpline at 443-279-0379 or visit online at turnaroundinc.org. Non-profit sexual assault program in Baltimore City and Baltimore County. Addresses sexual assault/abuse, human trafficking and domestic violence, offices in Baltimore City and County
• House of Ruth Maryland - addresses domestic violence, located in Baltimore City, www.hruth.org, 410-889-7884 - 24 hour helpline