Nominations for Honorary Degree recipients at the 2023 Undergraduate and Graduate Commencement ceremonies have closed. Thank you to members of the MICA community who took part in the nomination process.
Members of the College community are invited to submit nominations for the 2022-2023 Honorary Doctorate degrees for both the undergraduate and graduate ceremonies. The form can be found at the end of this page.
Consideration will be given to the long-range balance in diversity; e.g., gender and race, in addition to the professional fields represented so that no programs are either under- or over-represented over time. Nominations are due by Friday, February 10, 2023. After the deadline, President Hoi will work with the MICA Board of Trustees to make the final choices.
Nominees should meet some combination of the following criteria:
- Have a background and experiences that reflect MICA’s mission and its programs.
- Have influenced professional practice, and have accomplishments that make them a role model for MICA students.
- Reflect MICA's aspirations.
- Have made extraordinary contributions to the College and/or the larger community.
- Have served, or could serve, as a friend and ambassador of the College.
- Can inspire our graduates with their remarks.
Nominations must include the individual's name, professional area, and brief biography, as well as a short explanation of why this individual would be an appropriate recipient of the Honorary Doctorate degree.
Our previous honorary degree recipients are also listed on the MICA web site: www.mica.edu/HonoraryDegreeHistory