Students living in Founders Green during Spring Semester 2021 have 24/7 access to the residence hall.
Founders Green is a MICA residential complex, comprised of five buildings and a large courtyard. The complex includes student apartments and artists' studios, a grill-style dining facility, an auditorium, a black-box theater, laundry facilities, a mail center, recreation space, and lounge space for students. Its buildings– Latrobe House, Carter Hall, Spear Hall, Glace Hall, and Leake Hall– are named for pivotal figures in MICA's history, including John H. B. Latrobe, MICA's founder.
Housing is apartment-style, with three or four bedroom apartments, accommodating three to four students each. There are several apartment styles, including apartments with one single/one double room; two single/one double room; two double rooms; and four single rooms.
In every apartment:
- Extra long twin beds
- Wardrobe with drawers
- Homosote boards on the walls
- Couch and end tables
- Kitchen table and chairs
- Window blinds
- Stove, oven, and refrigerator
- A main entrance in Latrobe Hall that includes a 24-hour Desk staffed by Campus Safety Officers and Desk Assistants
- Glace Grill for evening and late-night dining
- A vending room that takes cash or MICARDs
- Study lounges and social lounges furnished with tables, seating and TVs
- Gallery space
- Studio space
- Small programming space for events