Financing Options

Veteran's Benefits

MICA is proud to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program for veterans.

In order to qualify for the Yellow Ribbon program you must have a Chapter Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Veteran's Administration verifying that you are eligible for Chapter 33 benefits.

If you are eligible at the 100% level for Chapter 33 benefits, the Veteran's Administration will provide each recipient a tuition and fee benefit.  Additionally, MICA and the VA will provide a matching grant to cover the remaining cost of tuition and fees.

If the VA notifies us that you are less than 100% eligible and/or do not have a full semester worth of Yellow Ribbon benefits, you will only receive a prorated amount of the tuition and fee grant and not the matching grants from the VA or MICA. Spouses do not receive Yellow Ribbon per VA policy.

Yellow Ribbon funding at 100% with its corresponding MICA Grant and match from the VA, replaces any previously awarded MICA-sponsored grants and/or scholarships.  

Application Forms are available from MICA's Enrollment Services Office and Certificates of Eligibility (COE) from the Veteran's Administration.  The form must be submitted to MICA's VA Enrollment Services Office.

If you have questions about the Chapter Certificate of Eligibility (COE) you are welcome to contact the VA Enrollment Services Office (410) 225-2315 or email

If you have questions concerning the amount of your Chapter 33award or how the funds are credited over the academic year, you are welcome to contact Ina Nallbani in the Financial Aid Office at (410)225.2341 or .