Family Guide

Student Accounts: FAQ

How can I contact the Office of Student Accounts?

The Office of Student Accounts is located in Bunting Center, Suite 240. For assistance in person, please use the side window. You can also contact us by email. Operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 pm to 5 pm.

When are the payment due dates?

Payment for the fall semester will be due August 1st. Payment for the spring semester will be due  January 6th. Late payments are subject to a 2.5% fee on the balance due.

What are my payment options?

Tuition Payment Plan

MICA now partners with Nelnet for payment plans and one time payments. Students can pay charges for a Fall/Spring/Summer term of tuition, fees, room and board in installment payments with no interest charged. A one-time application fee of $40.00 is due upon sign-up. No other fees are assessed if payments are made on time and in full. If you enroll in a payment plan for a term after that term's tuition and fees due date, the outstanding balance may be subject to a Late Payment Fee assessed by MICA.

1. Students will need to log into

2. Go to MyMICA

3. Select Student Resources

4. Select Student Service Center

5. Select Student Finance Links

6. Select MICA payment plan/One-time pay

7. Your payment plan will be noted on your account after your first payment has been received.

Electronic Check (Online)

You will need the following information to pay by Electronic Check:

– Bank account number
– Routing number
– Bank account type (Checking/Savings)

To pay by Electronic Check:

1. Students will need to log into
2. Go to MyMICA
3. Select Student Resources
4. Select Student Service Center
5. Select Student Finance Links
6. Select MICA payment plan/One-time pay

If you do not know your account routing number, contact your financial institution. Deposit slips may not include the correct routing number. Not all payments from brokerage/investment or foreign bank accounts can be made online. Please consult with your account representative at your financial institution.

Checks written from credit card accounts, commonly called convenience or credit advance checks, may not allow electronic transactions. This type of check should be forwarded to Student Account Services for processing.

Credit/Debit Card (Online)

  • MICA accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express
  • All credit/debit card transactions are subject to a 2.5% convenience fee

1. Students will need to log into
2. Go to MyMICA
3. Select Student Resources
4. Select Student Service Center
5. Select Student Finance Links
6. Select MICA payment plan/One-time pay

Wire Transfer/ACH

Please notify Student Accounts via email at of the transaction date and amount when making an ACH payment.

Bank Name:
M&T Bank
Corporate Address:
One M&T Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14203
Baltimore Address:
Baltimore Middle Market
One Light Street, 16th Floor, 
Baltimore, MD 21202
ABA Number:
022 000 046 (domestic)
MANTUS33 (international)
Account Number:
Account Name:
Maryland Institute College of Art
Comment Line:
Include student's name and MICA ID number in the comments section of the wire transfer


MICA has partnered with Flywire in order to streamline the process of international payments. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency.

By making your payment with Flywire you can:

– Track your payments from start to finish 
– Save on bank fees and exchange rates 
– Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night

To get started, click or go to: to begin the payment process.

Check/Money Order (by Mail)

  • All checks/money orders  must be made payable to MICA
  • MICA does not accept post-dated checks; any check payment received will be posted the next business day
  • To ensure prompt delivery, please address payments to MICA Student Accounts, 1300 W Mount Royal Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217
  • Please include the Student's name and ID number on the memo line of the check

College Tuition Savings/529 Plans

More than likely, your state sponsors a college savings plan. They are often called "529 plans," after the section of the IRS tax code that authorizes them. Each state determines the maximum amount you may contribute annually per child. Establishing a 529 Plan is a great way to invest in your child's future. For further information, please consult a financial advisor to see if a 529 Plan is right for you.

Cash (in Person) **Please note, that we do not offer this option right now, due to the pandemic** 

MICA accepts cash payments only at our Student Accounts office in Bunting Center, Rm. 240.

Please note that the sum of all cash payments in a calendar year totaling $10,000 or more are reported to the IRS as required by US law. 

Transfer From Flex Account (by Email only)

Students can email, call or visit Student Accounts to request that funds be transferred from their flex account to their student account. Please note, this option cannot be used to pay your tuition and fees. Miscellaneous fees/fines can be paid by flex. 

Transfers cannot be made between two different students

To request a transfer, send an email from your email address to with your name, ID#, and requested amount


What information do I need to provide when making payment?

The student's seven digit identification number located on their MICARD should be provided when making a payment; this allows Student Account Services to apply your payment to the correct account.

Where can I view my invoice?

Invoices are posted on the MICA portal on the Student Service Center page. Invoices are updated on a monthly basis. Students will receive an email notification that their invoice has been updated.

My student has a hold on their account, how do I clear it?

The only way to clear a financial hold is to pay the student's balance in full; however, not all holds are for financial reasons. Click on hold notation to check status.

How can I get a 1098-T form for my taxes?

1098-T forms are mailed on January 31st to all students that are eligible to receive a 1098-T to their permanent addresses on file. The 1098-T forms are also available online on the Student Service Center page on the MICA portal.

All of my financial aid is not on my invoice. What do I do?

Only anticipated loans, grants, and scholarships are listed on the invoice. If all of your student's aid is not listed, please contact the office of Financial Aid to make sure processing is complete. You can contact them at or by calling 410-225-2285.

What if a student still owes payment to MICA?

Students are individually responsible for their financial obligations to the MICA. All students are charged tuition each semester during their academic year at the College. A student whose account is overdue or who is in any manner indebted to the College will be denied the recording and certification services of Enrollment Services, including the issuance of a transcript or diploma, and may be denied readmission until all obligations are fulfilled. Student Account Services may stop the enrollment or cancel the completed enrollment of a student who has a delinquent account or debt. Once the outstanding debts have been paid, the student will need to obtain clearance from a member of Student Account Services before being allowed to register, request a transcript, or receive a diploma from the College. Students who are indebted to MICA after the payment due date may be placed on Financial Leave of Absence after the College has exhausted all collection efforts on the outstanding balance for that particular semester. Students may re-enroll after all balances have been paid in full. Student Account Services may assess all attorneys' fees, other reasonable collection costs (up to 50 percent), and charges necessary for the collection of any amount not paid when due. Matriculation in the College constitutes an agreement by the student to comply with all College rules, regulations, and policies.

Where is my refund?

Refunds are processed continuously throughout the year for Title IV funds. Federal loan and grant refunds will be available 14 business days after the day of disbursement. Refunds for private loans and scholarships are processed upon request. Refunds for over payments are processed upon request, but must be submitted three weeks from the date paid to ensure the payment clears the bank. Refunds for students with PLUS Loans will be made payable to the borrower unless the borrower requests differently in the loan application. For more information, please contact Financial Aid, 


Does MICA accept third party payments?

Once the initial drop/add period has ended, the Student Accounts will be sent out to the sponsors. MICA will bill only for those students who have completed authorizations or have submitted letters from third party payers for the current term. The third party billing process defers the student's tuition and fees for only the amount indicated by the third party payer. Students are ultimately responsible for all college costs incurred. An authorization or letter of intent to pay must be submitted each term and must be received by Student Account Services before the tuition due date. If the authorization or letter of intent to pay for payment does not indicate a specific term or expiration date, the effective period will be for the current term.

The College will not notify the student or agency when authorizations or letters of intent to pay expire at the end of the term or effective date. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that appropriate paperwork is received by Student Accounts Services by the appropriate deadlines each term. Authorization or Letter of Intent to pay for payment may be mailed, emailed or delivered to:

Maryland Institute College of Art
Office of Student Account Services
ATTN: Third Party Billing
1300 West Mt. Royal Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21217