* Appointments can be made on the medicat portal or students can drop-in (with possible wait time) if they wish during the summer.
During clinic closures, students can access health care at the following urgent care centers near campus: (See links below)
Chase Brexton Health Care Mt. Vernon Center (0.6 miles from campus)
Priority Care Urgent Care Canton (4.7 miles from campus)
Concentra Urgent Care Charles Street Downtown (3.1 miles from campus)
UM Urgent Care | Rotunda Hampden (2.7 miles from campus)
IMPORTANT: If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, call first before coming into the office, so we can direct you with the next steps of action:
- cough, sore throat, shortness of breath
- loss of taste or smell
- diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- fever or feeling feverish
- body aches
If experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms, it is recommended to isolate immediately and notify the MICA health center by calling 410-225-4118.
Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students in Fall 2023
For the safety and health of students and the broader MICA community, a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy is in effect for all MICA students for Fall 2023.
The deadline to submit documentation is Saturday, July 15, 2023.
- Submit written documentation attesting to their proof of vaccination into the secure Medicat Student Health portal.
International students who cannot be vaccinated in their home country prior to the start of the semester can request a temporary exemption. Students may also request medical and religious exemptions. The deadline to submit a medical or religious exception request for internal review is Saturday, July 1, 2023.
- All exemption request forms can be found here.