Signage and posters
Design and print posters. The Division of Strategic Communications is happy to proofread, give branding advice, and share templates, should you need them. If you have questions, please reach out to Andrew Copeland at email@example.com or x2295.
Posters placed in buildings must be approved by Student Activities in the Meyerhoff House.
Depending on your audience, consider setting up a Facebook event for your event using your departmental account. Share the event on your social media networks using hashtag #MICAmade.
Don’t have a departmental account? Contact Erin Baynham at x4137 or firstname.lastname@example.org for options, and check out our social media page for more information. MICA also has an Instagram account (@eventsatmica) dedicated to events on campus. To submit your event, please provide the following:
- provide a square image (400 x 400 or 1:1 minimum)
- description of the event
- your department’s Instagram username (if applicable)
Photo and video documentation
If you have questions about trying to attain press coverage, Emily Chappell may be able to help! Reach out to her at email@example.com or x2503, and check out our page on public relations for more information on what makes a good story to pitch to the media.
Getting on the mica.edu calendar
Add your event to our calendar. it takes is a short description of the event (who, what, when, why, where and how) and a great image.
All events will be featured in events.mica.edu and will go out in the weekly Events at MICA email that reaches all staff, faculty, and students. If you have a question about an event on the MICA Calendar, please contact Bryan Sinagra at firstname.lastname@example.org or x2351.
Submit Your Event to Local/Regional Event Calendars
You can list your event on several local/regional calendars. To submit events, follow the instructions for each submission page. Make sure to fill out all required fields, and anything else that we have information for.
As an FYI, the Culture Fly submission form is organized by the Greater Baltimore Cultural Alliance (GBCA), of which MICA is a member. There are several fields asking for an affiliate or sponsor organization, which you can just write in “MICA.”
- Baltimore Sun: http://events.baltimoresun.com/events/new
- Baltimore Magazine: http://www.baltimoremagazine.com/about/event-submission-form
- Baltimore Style: http://baltimorestyle.com/occasions/community/add
- Baltimore Outloud: http://baltimoreoutloud.com/wp/events/community/add
- BmoreArt: Email all event submissions to Rebecca Juliette at email@example.com
- Bolton Hill Neighbors: Bulletin@BoltonHillMD.org
- Culture Fly: https://culturefly.org/node/add/gbca-calendar-event#.XT9K2M9Kjfs
- Downtown Baltimore Family Alliance: http://www.baltimorefamilies.org/community-calendar.html
- East City Art: Submit text and image to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Baltimore: https://baltimore.org/submit-event
- WYPR: http://www.wypr.org/community-calendar
- WMAR-TV: https://www.wmar2news.com/community-calendar
If you have a budget, Communications can help you arrange advertisements in the following:
Baltimore FishBowl: (PAID): https://baltimorefishbowl.com/events/