The following policies are in place to enable equal access to GTI and GTA positions.
- Students are eligible to apply for two GTIs per semester or 1 GTI and 1 GTA per semester while enrolled full-time in their degree program. These will be filled on a first come first awarded basis. No student may do more than two GTI/GTAs per semester.
- Students may not GTI for any course in which they are also enrolled as a student.
- All undergraduates courses are eligible to have one GTI each.
- Graduate-level courses are not eligible to have GTIs.
- There is only one GTI permitted per undergraduate class.
- ITo gain job experience, graduate students electing to GTI should do so in an FYE course, or 100-level course, or Black & White Photo I. Note: GD MFA students are exempt from this requirement. FYE experience prepares graduate students for future employment.
- All GTIs and GTAs will be paid an $822.50 stipend for 75 hours of work per semester, usually five hours per week for 15 weeks.
- Undergraduates may be hired ONLY for Sculptural Forms, and ONLY if a graduate student has not filled the position by the beginning of the semester.