Shelter in Place is used when an emergency situation makes it necessary to stay inside for your safety. In the event of a Shelter in Place order:
- Conduct a count of all people in your group and stay together.
- Lock building doors and windows and close shades.
- Stay quiet and stay away from doors and windows.
- Monitor situation updates by visiting mica. edu , receiving text or voice messages via MICA Alert, checking MICA email, or visiting MICA's Facebook and twitter accounts.
- Follow instructions given to you by emergency personnel.
- If you have an emergency in your room during a Shelter in Place order , contact campus police.
- DO NOT allow unauthorized persons into your building.
- DO NOT leave your building until allowed to do so by emergency personnel.